plan a fence
Start your fence project by coming to see us in Waunakee, or call us for a free estimate. Then you’ve got some work to do:
- Check local fence regulations in your municipality. Often these regulations can be found online.Find out if there are requirements in your development as to whether you can or must have a chain link fence, wood fence, ornamental metal or vinyl fence, privacy or picket fence.
- Draw a bird’s eye view of your property and where you want the fence to go. Include property lines, buildings, utility boxes, private utility wires, and landscape features. Photos are also helpful.
- Consider your fence choices: height, color, style. How open should it be? How strong? Ask yourself why you want a fence, how much you can spend, and when the fence is needed.
- Normally we visit your property, measure fence lines, and present you with a contract proposal.
- After you’ve made your decisions and sign a contract with us, we call Diggers Hotline. They mark public utility lines. If there is a conflict with your fence line, we’ll help you consider your options.
And now we are all ready to build your fence!